There is a home learning programme throughout the school. At the start of each academic year we send home a Home School Agreement outlining our commitment to pupils and parents and saying what we expect from them. We ask that pupils and parents acknowledge their responsibilities by signing and returning a section of the agreement. We believe that pupils need time to consolidate their learning, opportunities to do their learning in real life situations and to develop the self discipline needed to work independently. We also feel that home learning allows parents to see what their child is doing and understand what their targets are as learners.
We rely on parents to give reading practice on a daily basis so that we can focus on teaching the skills of reading. All children have reading diaries so parents can record what children have read and any comments they feel will be helpful to the teacher.
Home School Agreement
This document is signed by the Parent, Child and Teacher in preparation for the Parent Consultation session.
School Development Priorities
1. Improve the teaching and learning of Maths with a focus on challenge and mastery.
2. Develop strategies for children with SEND to make progress and develop independence (Ofsted)
3. Continue to encourage a love of reading in all children (Ofsted)
4. Improve quality of teaching by focusing on the role of the teacher in lessons
5. Build character and resilience as vital personal skills for learning and life
6. Develop a progressive, broad and rich curriculum led by skilled subject leaders