As we are experiencing some wintry weather, we wanted to take the opportunity to reiterate our adverse weather procedures.
We will always do our best to open the school and operate normally, therefore, always assume that the school is open. We will only close due to severe weather if:
• we have insufficient staff to supervise the students
• there are excessive risks to students and/or staff by travelling to school
• the school site presents a risk to health and safety
• the weather forecast shows the likelihood of a marked deterioration during the course of the day
• we are advised to close by an external agency
The decision about closure will be made after consulting with key staff and the Chair of Governors. It is difficult to do this much in advance because conditions can differ across the area. We will endeavour to make a decision to close the school as early as possible and any closure decision will be made by 7.00am for that day whenever possible. In extremely severe weather conditions, we may have to take the decision to close the school during the day.
You will be informed of any closure by:
• a message posted on the school website
• a message via ParentMail
• Bucks county website, which issues a full list of all school closures https://closures.buckscc.gov.uk/Default.aspx
If the school is open in adverse weather conditions you, as parents and carers, must make your own decision as to whether it is safe for your child to travel to school based on your circumstances and your local weather conditions. If your child, in these circumstances, does not attend school, please follow the normal procedures for informing school of an absence.